Are You Trying to Find a Way Out of a Bad Marriage?
The papers were delivered to your house on a Thursday.
You remember, because Thursdays are when you go to your meetings. The meetings where you are learning to deal with your addiction. The meetings where some have indicated that it is smart to avoid making any major life changes for the first year of trying to get a handle on your addiction.
The papers, however, were delivered to your house. As a result, you must deal with the consequences. Your wife has filed divorce papers, you are back at home living with your parents while you come to terms with your addiction. Last night your dad sat down with you and offered what seems like some sound advice though. He suggested that since it seemed the divorce was inevitable, you might as well face the facts and start researching the questions to ask an attorney about divorce. Finding your own divorce attorney, your dad suggested, might help you salvage some of the assets that you and your wife share. Without one, he fears, you will be left with nothing and will be facing financial struggles that equal, and complicate, your addiction struggles. Your father wants you to at least make a plan for this next unavoidable life transition.
- Mean age of a woman seeking a first divorce is 29 years old; mean age of males seeking a first divorce is 30.5.
- An ttorney for child custody can assist families with children make sure that both parents get equitable arrangements.
- Knowing that you are going to be served divorce papers can be a stressful realization. For many, it makes sense to make sure that you have your own legal representation.
- Each year in America, more than 1 million people have parents who separate or divorce.
- An uncontested divorce is a legal process where both spouses can reach a decision as to the terms of the divorce without having to go going to trial.
- Parents who divorce have children who are twice as likely to drop out of high school and twice less likely to attend college.
- Living together before marriage is no longer a strong predictor of divorce, according to a 2012 study released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- A2012 University of Cincinnati study indicated that men are more likely than women to turn to drinking after divorce.
- Never let your self be the victim of someone else’s legal preparation. If you have been served divorce papers, make sure that you takes steps to find your own divorce lawyer.