Are You in Need of Legal Advice?
This is not going to be the easiest of holiday seasons. With just two appointments with the divorce lawyer so far, it has become pretty evident that the end of your marriage will be challenging. In addition to working through the complicated divorce process and the financial implications, it will likely also be necessary to work with child support attorneys as well. This Thanksgiving and Christmas will be the first time in nearly 20 years when you will not be attending as a family. There are still many loose ends that need to be settled, but the next meeting with the divorce lawyer seems nearly as intimidating as walking into your grandmother’s house with your teenage children, but without your husband.
Finding Mediation for Child Custody Cases Can be a Challenge
Even when parents have the best of intentions, it is sometimes necessary to work with more than a divorce lawyer when it comes to working out complicated child custody situations. Even what seems like the easiest uncontested divorce, it is often in your best interest to make sure that you are working with an experienced legal advisor to work through the necessary court requirements.
Even when you feel like you have your back up against a wall and are the only one facing the end of a marriage, it can be helpful to know that there are many other people looking for advice that can help them transition through one of the most difficult times of life:
- Communication problems, infidelity or betrayal, financial problems, abuse and loss of interest are the top five reasons for divorce in the U.S.
- 30.5 is the mean age of males seeking a divorce for the first time.
- 41% is the divorce rate for a first marriage in America.
- 60% is the divorce rate for a second marriage in America.
- 73% is the divorce rate for a third marriage in America.
- 29 is the mean age of a woman for a first divorce.
- 30.5 is the mean age of males seeking a divorce for the first time in America.
- 1 year is the average length of divorce proceedings in the U.S.
This holiday season may not be the easiest but it is important to know that if you are facing the end of a marriage the most experienced legal advice can help you navigate even this more challenging of life’s transition.